Waste at Mangoola Open Cut is managed in accordance with our Waste Management Plan. A licensed waste management contractor undertakes waste collection, detailed waste tracking, monitoring, measurement and disposal. Wastes are categorised by type into designated waste streams and each stream is treated accordingly. Mangoola Open Cut strives to:
- Ensures compliance with our Environmental Protection Licence and related legislation regarding waste storage and disposal;
- Minimise waste generate, actively encourages and facilitates the re-use and recycling of waste streams where possible;
- Ensures appropriate segregation, storage, transportation and disposal of waste generated on site;
- Ensures proper hydrocarbon management, wastewater and sewage treatment; and
- Provides education and training programs to site personnel and contractors regarding waste mitigation measures and proper waste handling and disposal.