The Community Consultative Committee (CCC) provides a means for open discussion between Mangoola representatives, the community, the Council and other stakeholders. To enhance this close partnership, the CCC meets on a quarterly basis to:
- Establish good working relationships between the mine, the community and other stakeholders in relation to the mine;
- Review information on mining operations, the environmental performance of the mine and progress with any project approvals;
- Comment on the mines environmental performance, discuss community concerns and to oversee the resolution of community complaints;
- Provide advice on how best to communicate relevant information on the mine and its environmental performance to the broader community; and
- Work together towards outcomes of benefit to the mine, immediate neighbours and the local and regional community.
The membership of the Mangoola CCC comprises of:
- An independent chairperson;
- Three -to -five representatives of the local community and other stakeholders;
- One representative of the local council;
- Two or three representatives of the company, including the person with direct managerial responsibility for environmental management at the mine.
For more information on our CCC minutes, click here.