Waste at Mangoola Open Cut is managed in accordance with our Waste Management Plan. A licensed waste management contractor undertakes waste collection, detailed waste tracking, monitoring, measurement and disposal. Wastes are categorised by type into designated waste streams and each stream is treated accordingly. Mangoola Open Cut strives to:
- Ensure compliance with our Environment Protection Licence and related legislation regarding waste storage and disposal;
- Minimise waste generated, actively encourage and facilitate the re-use and recycling of waste streams where possible;
- Ensure appropriate segregation, storage, transportation and disposal of waste generated on site;
- Ensure proper hydrocarbon management, wastewater and sewage treatment; and
- Provide education and training programs to site personnel and contractors regarding waste mitigation measures and proper waste handling and disposal.