Mangoola Coal Continued Operations Project
Mangoola Coal is seeking approval for the Mangoola Coal Continued Operations (MCCO) Project to continue its current open cut mining adjacent to the north of the existing mine.
The MCCO Project comprises the following key components:
- Continuation of mining operations within a new mining area located north of the existing operation
- Provide access to approximately 52Mt of coal through to 2030
- Construction of an access road bridge over Wybong Road, to allow the road to remain open
- Construction of water management infrastructure
- Re-alignment of a portion of Wybong Post Office Road
- Continued use of all other existing Mangoola infrastructure items including coal washing and train loading facilities, emplacement areas, workshops and administration facilities
- Ongoing employment opportunities for the existing workforce and continue to use best practice rehabilitation
The MCCO Project Preliminary Environmental Assessment (PEA) was submitted to the Department of Planning, Industry and Environment (DPIE) in July 2017. Secretary's Environmental Assessment Requirement's (SEARs) were subsequently issued by DPIE for State Significant Development (SSD) 8642 to inform the content associated with the preparation of an Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) to assess the environmental and social impacts of the MCCO Project.
Since the issuing of SEARs for the MCCO Project, the preparation of the EIS and associated consultation program has been ongoing and is now complete. The MCCO Project Development Application and accompanying EIS were submitted to DPIE in July 2019 and placed on public exhibition from 18 July to 28 August 2019. Following the receipt of community and government
agency submissions a Response to Submissions (RTS) report has been prepared.
The EIS and RTS along with further information can be found on the MCCO Project page on the DPIE Major Projects website at: https://www.planningportal.nsw.gov.au/major-projects/project/10131
If you would like to know more about the MCCO Project, please contact our MCCO Project team: Contact Us.