Our people are our most important asset. We are committed to ensuring every person returns home safely at the end of their day.
Every employee, contractor and visitor to our operation has a direct responsibility to protect themselves and the people working alongside them in every task they are required to do. Minimising risk taking, improving general wellbeing and preventing injuries and fatalities is paramount.
We develop annual health and safety plans which ensure the effectiveness and continual improvement of the health and safety aspects of our HSEC management systems.
We have implemented a program called SafeCoal which aims to:
- Prevent fatalities by focusing on fatal hazards;
- Reduce the total recordable injury frequency rate;
- Streamline HSEC systems which will drive continual improvement;
- Communicate and train employees and contractors in all aspects of SafeCoal particularly to raise awareness of Fatal Hazard Protocols.
Employee health and wellbeing
To encourage the health, fitness and general wellbeing of our staff, we have implemented a number of programs to encourage healthy choices, promote awareness of injury prevention and the advantages of a fit and healthy lifestyle. These programs include:
- Prevention and treatment programs relating to health issues such as fatigue, musculoskeletal disorders, diabetes, heart disease, influenza, obesity, nutrition and occupational illnesses
- Medical assessments